Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My First Blog , Ever.

I haven't really written anything expecting anybody to read it since middle school. I can't remember exactly what that was , but I am sure it had something to do how I would change the world through music , and how everyone would get along if they only followed the Jedi code. While I still believe the latter , (in fact I think Star Wars should be mandatory in schools EVERYWHERE!) I have changed a lot in the past years and so has this town and the people in it. So I guess with this blog I am trying to capture my young adult angst and me trying to end it. All the while documenting all the interesting/regrettable experiences and brilliant/murky characters along the way.

So I guess it's time for you to get to know me . Hello world wide web, I'm Anthony Bradley. Prepare to be boarded! I am just your average 21 year old except I have a super power of sarcasm , a titanium liver , and a Gandhi tolerance for douche bags. I taught myself everything in life. How to learn , how to live and love. If I fail at it I guess I can only blame the teacher.

I was born and raised in Wichita , Kansas. Don't get the name of the blog wrong. I love this town. What can I say it has been home for so long. One thing I always heard growing up is how bad and fast people wanted to leave this town but I can't see why. I know I haven't seen all of the world and I could be wrong hell I plan on moving someday but not before I figure this little mystery that is Wichita. Why it seems to be this black hole no matter how grand of plans they have to leave they always fall through. Even if they some how manage to get over that event horizon , they somehow get sucked back to the singularity.

I know this experience first hand as I wanted to get out of this "Box Town" , as I called it then. I got the chance to move to California when I was 13 with my Mom. So I did. I started to call Wichita "Box Town" because no matter how long in between my visits from Cali were. Wichita seemed unchanged every time I would fly over on my descent to Mid-Continent. Even on the car ride to my Grandma's house the whole city seemed frozen as I left it. Sure a few stores closed here , there. A new Wal-Mart maybe but not a lot changed backed then. Everything seem boxed-in. Hence the name "Box Town"!
Well it's almost 2 a.m. and I need some sleep. So first blogs done and more to come. I got to think of some topics. Suggestions welcomed.

Well until next time ,

No comments:

Post a Comment