Friday, February 12, 2010

Dream Job

I had a wonderful dream last night. The kind you never want to wake up from. Everything just seems perfect because it feels like everything is going your way and you can do anything you want. Everything in my life seems to have fallen in place just the way I wanted it to. I am having conversations with amazing people I couldn't even come close to chatting it up with. Next thing I am back in high school doing things the way they should've been done. Then I am travel across the galaxy in my very own space cruiser.

But then something horrible happens. No not proton torpedos hitting my already weak deflector shields , something worse. I wake up! I toss over pretend I didn't just see the waking world. Try to hold on to the dream , that high. Hello My name is Anthony and I am a dream addict. If they can bottle that feeling I don't think I'll be ever be leaving my house. "Oh you got that bottle up dream. Well, I got these cheeseburgers man! Please you know I'm good for it!" as I would say if that product exist as I would be fiend-in lying in the gutter with a bag of month old burgers.

I guess I am so obsessed with dreams because I am looking for that feeling. Nirvana. Bliss. Heaven. The Great Happiness Space. Whatever you call it . To be able to do whatever you want is what I call bliss. In schools they tell you , "You can be anything you dream to be!" It's a nice idea and true somewhat but that is the point it's only SOMEwhat true. Most of us , actually a lot of us , won't get our dream job. Hopefully half of us will find a balance of something tolerable and maybe a little enjoyable too. Then there will be some who will hate their jobs and drink very heavily and be completely miserable. I just hope I don't end up there.

Then there are the few , the proud , THE HAPPY. Who will absolutely love their job and wake up every morning not actually dreading to pull themselves out of bed to go in. They might even go in early and stay late just because they just can't stand to be away from their job. That number though has to be low. I can't say that I have statistics but I would love some to show kids in school a percentage of people who will one day have their dream job. But I guess thats just another one of my many many dreams.

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment