Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Honesty

So I tried to think of topics for this blog and this one kept popping up. Honesty. Is it the best policy ? What would life be like if we could see the truth one hundred percent of the time?
Isn't there some lies that should be told? I also apologize for the long gap in between blogs. I have had a lot on my plate as I am working full time and trying to write music and comic/movie scripts. I am taking suggestions on topics if you would like to hear my take on them just comment on this or drop me an email.
Back to the topic on hand , honesty. I try to pride myself on trying to be as honest as possible. Now two things usually come out of this. One , people know I am very loyal and will always give my opinion on anything they ask. Two , I will give my opinion even if it is not something they will want to hear and hell sometimes I give my two cents when I am not asked but thats just cause I am a asshole.
What if no one lied? Would you want to know what your friends really think of your new girlfriend or boyfriend ? Maybe that new hairdo isn't as "fly" as you think it is. If the world was really like that movie "The Invention of Lying ", I think I would have zero self-esteem and would be scared shitless to even approach a woman for not only fear of rejection but of what she might really think about my appearance/overall being.
I have not been in many relationships but I think small lies are essential not only to make things easy on you but for your partner as well. Now hold before you think thats a free pass to go pick up any floozie looking for one night stand while your significant other is on that weekend business trip because you can just lie about it. I am talking about lying FOR love not against it. Do I really want to know how many guys hit on you when you are out during "Girls Night"? Answer is NO! Just like I won't truthfully answer you when you ask me constant questions comparing yourself to my ex-lovers.
There is some things that will never be found out. What really happen in Roswell ? Was JFK's assassination a conspiracy ? Now boy I wish I could live in an honest government but as long as politicians are corrupt by back room deals and people who think they know what's in our best interests when they them selves our extremely out of touch with society, we probably will never know what really controls our government.
In all I think on how you live your life determines if you are an honest person. While white lies can be good tell enough of them and they will consume you. Then the only person you will be lying to is yourself.

Until Next Time

1 comment:

  1. Good post, however, I disagree. Honesty should be the only option, no matter how small the lie may be. First, small lies, eventually need to be covered with successive lying, meaning that the lies are only going to snowball, possibly becoming big lies. Where do you draw the line with lies? The great thing about the truth, is that it is completely objective. When you decide on what lies are big or small, then it becomes a matter of what one persons preference is, which may be different from that of the person being lied to. If you do not want to know how many people your partner has been with, simply don't ask. You also talk about lying for love, when the very basis of ANY relationship based off of love, should be being up front and honest at all times. If my girlfriend went out and hit on guys with her friends, yeah I wouldn't expect her to come home and say "I HIT ON SO MANY GUYS!" but I wouldn't expect her to lie to me about it if I asked. I think honesty is always the best policy, it makes everyones life easier.

    ReplyDelete