Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Top 5 Films Of 2011

Just for kicks and maybe some enlightenment for some people, here are my five films you got to see from 2011. There are a couple that may have made my list but I personally haven't seen yet like The Descendants, The Artist, and Shame but I'm just going off what I've seen.

1. Midnight In Paris
Written and Directed by the great Woody Allen, this film is my hands down favorite. It captures a pure magical feeling when you see it that I haven't felt since watching movies as a kid. Just brilliantly done.

2. Bridesmaids

If you haven't heard about or seen this movie, you must be stuck on a deserted island(In that case I'll try to send help and a blu-ray copy of this movie). Everything about this movie was hilarious. I have loved and followed Kristen Wiig for many years and it's so nice to see her get her due. She is the funniest woman on the planet! Also I was surprised how cross-gender appealing it was. I too was a little nervous this was gonna be a chick flick but it's far from it. It's just perfect!

3. Drive

Despite the over the top cheesiness of The Notebook, I am still a huge fan of Ryan Gosling and his superb acting ability. With Drive he shows that even if your character is pretty silent you can still speak volumes. While there are some parts I would change this movie mostly hit the mark. I did want to see more badass violence but maybe there's something wrong with me but the opening sequence alone is worth the watch.

4. Moneyball

There isn't much to say about this movie other than the fantastic true story it's based on. The fact that someone wanted to flip the recruiting game of baseball on its head brings joy to my rebellious side. It also has fantastic performances by Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill.

5. Melancholia

While this film might not be for everybody, I loved it. The most stand out thing about this film besides Kirsten Dunst at her best is how beautiful it was shot. Some of the shots in this film are just breathe taking especially the opening sequence. If you must see it don't expect to leave on a happy note but then again read the title. 

So there you go, if you haven't seen any of these you can take my word on it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment